Swapping a 4cyl. EEC for a V8 one - FB1 -> DA1

S/D specific subforum for the Gen-1 Lightnings,
88- Tbird/Stang/Lincoln/Mercury, RV's, and Trucks.

Swapping a 4cyl. EEC for a V8 one - FB1 -> DA1

Unread postby mustangdriver » Thu May 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi Folks,
I signed up here because I want to report on the conversion and maybe need support.
Have a crazy idea :idea: years ago the user "vristang" already made in a similar way.

On the engine, I have changed the following: exhaust header, 2 1/4" exhaust pipe, ´05er muffler, cylinder head milled, compression 10.2: 1, ported ports, roller camshaft, new valves, intake manifold ported, resonator removed.
anyway...

I have 3 EECIV - FB1, FC1, 8CB. They all work, but the programming has not been done very well by Ford.
Also, there is no definition file for it (I've tried to create one)
Now I have bought an EEC "DC" for $ 44.50 on ebay. Will be soon in good old germany.

I don´t want to MAF or EDIS stuff .... but just program my wishes for a proper engine run.

I have a definitionfile LUX0 from the Tunerpro website. I have already extended this, will post the changes here.
Furthermore, I have the binfiles DA1, DB1, DC, DE. I'm working with Tunerpro. What is unknown in the definitions file I change to byte level and look at the result with Caledit. There is still a lot to do :o
I have created schematics to see which pins are needed.

Very important: My injectors have 16ohms! (14lbs/hr) high impedance, no change :mrgreen:

Now my question:
Which pins will be plugged in for the 4 cylinder controls on the 8cyl computer? E.G. injectors 1-4 not 5-8...or injector outputs 1,3,5,7 but I am a bit confused on all of this at the moment. I would assign the each cylinders to their respective injector output port mapping, and run it like that? :?: Firing order of the engine is 1342 :lol:

So - apologize in advance for the long newbie post. Thanks for all input.
Tobias
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my english is not good, but my Mustangs are top :)
mustangdriver
General Poster

Name: Tobias
Vehicle Information: 87 LX convertible 2.3 FB1 5 speed manual FB1
Vehicle 2 Information: 79 V8 347cui
Edelbrock Heads, Carb, Manifold, V2a Headers, X-pipe, 340HP

Return to Speed Density Tuning