logging TV_Pres and high transmission temp

Non-vehicle specific forum for tuning all ford ecu's 1994-2004, including the 1994-1995 Mustang, 93-98 Mark VIII, 99+ F-150, 99-04 Mustang, 03-04 Cobra, 99-04 Lightning and Harley Davidson F-150

CBAZA, CDAN4, CRAJ0, CVAF1, FBGI0, OMAE2, RZASA

logging TV_Pres and high transmission temp

Unread postby blocmi » Mon May 06, 2019 9:39 am

Something in the changes I made to the car this winter seem to be having an affect on tranny temps. I used to have to drive the car quite a distance to bring the tranny up to temp and once warm would stay around 180. Now the tranny now heats up much quicker even at idle in neutral, and will even climb to over 200 after extended driving at lower speeds (25-35), or extended idle time. I noticed the change after switching to using U4P2, and also increasing the idle speed. I suspect the extra heat is because I raised the idle from 650 to 850, but I"m not certain and wanted to log some tranny parameters.

It initially shifted crappy during normal driving after I switched to U4P2, but got better after dialing in the MAF.
WOT shifts feel good, and I don't feel any slipping at any point during normal or WOT driving.

Originally I was tuning off U4P0 as a base and using CBAZA_56K / CBAZA_20161029b, and I could log TV_Pres fine.

When I switched to using the U4P2 base tune, I also switched to the most current (at the time) XDF (CBAZA_181109) and ADX (CBAZA_181112). When using the new files, TV_Pres is always 88 and never changes. Other parameters seem to display and log fine. Today I tried downloading the most current XDF/ADX on the home page and playing the log and I get the same results.

Could I be using the wrong files, or not patching something correctly?

Is there any harm in using the old XDF and ADX files to log TV_Pres as a work around to the newer files not showing it?

Finally, any thoughts on why I could be experiencing more heat build up in the tranny?

Thanks
-Mike
blocmi
General Poster

Name: Mike
Vehicle Information: 1995 Ford Mustang GT, 170K miles, CBAZA, U4P2, Quarterhorse, TunerPro RT, EEC Analyzer, AEM WB, GT40 Heads & Intake with minor porting, E303, BBK 70MM TB, Cold Air Intake, 24lb Injectors, Stock replacement MAF, Stock FPR, OR X-Pipe, AODE, 2200-2600 stall converter, Shift Kit, 4:10,

Re: logging TV_Pres and high transmission temp

Unread postby decipha » Mon May 06, 2019 3:15 pm

more heat is generally caused by more slippage, if nothing changed then i would first double check the fluid level is correct

if you can run your older tune to verify its the tune causing it that would be ideal

make sure you have the correct logging patch in cbaza enabled, there may be more than one. Also make sure you read the comments when converting from the old xdf to the new xdf since enabling the logging patch requires a 2 step process iirc.
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce
07 GMC 2500HD 6L - Veranafer

Re: logging TV_Pres and high transmission temp

Unread postby blocmi » Mon May 06, 2019 6:53 pm

I only see one "enable data logging patch code" listed listed under patches parameter type. None of the other patches reference logging except the disable patch, I read through the parameter comments and Universal ADX writeup and I don't see any instruction for converting from one xdf to another.

Could the instructions be these in your CBAZA datalogging testing 18/11/08 post?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3031&p=39724&hilit=console+patch#p39724

"first and foremost load in both the adx and xdf and be sure you have your current tune open then

If you are using the 2 step code disable it first

1> Enable the Restore Knock Routine patch code
2> Enable the Restore Console Code patch code
3> Enable the Datalogging Patch code".....

Understood on the friction, I don't think any clutch packs are slipping. If anything shifts feel a bit harsher at low load shifts, they feel quick and firm without any harshness at WOT. Converter lockup seems different during lower speed driving.

My thinking is the higher RPM is similar to slightly tipping into throttle while stopped and causing the converter to generate more heat. But I also want to look and make sure the higher rpm wasn't causing higher line pressure at idle than I was seeing previously. The strange thing is the trans temp will climb to 200 just idling in neutral from a cold start. Maybe I should add an external cooler and dig deeper if that doesn't keep temps in check.

The only thing that could keep me from using the previous tune would be the adjustments I made for manual idle in U4P2. I have a sneaking suspicion it won't idle very nice if I revert back but it wouldn't be too hard to try.
blocmi
General Poster

Name: Mike
Vehicle Information: 1995 Ford Mustang GT, 170K miles, CBAZA, U4P2, Quarterhorse, TunerPro RT, EEC Analyzer, AEM WB, GT40 Heads & Intake with minor porting, E303, BBK 70MM TB, Cold Air Intake, 24lb Injectors, Stock replacement MAF, Stock FPR, OR X-Pipe, AODE, 2200-2600 stall converter, Shift Kit, 4:10,

Return to EEC-V & SN95 Tuning