Transient fueling on FLH2

Non-vehicle specific forum for tuning all ford ecu's 1994-2004, including the 1994-1995 Mustang, 93-98 Mark VIII, 99+ F-150, 99-04 Mustang, 03-04 Cobra, 99-03 Harley Davidson and Lightning F-150

FBFG2, CBAZA, CZAJL, and all EEC-V

Transient fueling on FLH2

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:14 am

So, I've been chasing this issue for what seems like forever. If I roll into the throttle, AFRs richen up accordingly but if I stab it, it spikes lean (20-22 on the WB). I've checked for boost leaks and the only one I found was the vent port on the IAC. I ordered a Cobra valve to replace it and blocked the Ranger one off for the time being, which helped but didn't cure it.

What am I missing? I can share my transient and injector settings at lunch time if that will help.
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Name: Anthony Cox
Vehicle Information: 1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.
Vehicle 2 Information: Stock 1990 Ranger. ICM relocation

Re: Transient fueling on FLH2

Unread postby decipha » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:58 pm

did you dial in inferred load?
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:10 am

The only inferred load table I can find is mislabeled as LWFM, and I haven't touched it. I actually altered the injector settings, which made a significant improvement, but it's not perfect.

(FLH2 doesn't use a function for inferred load that I've found)
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Vehicle Information: 1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:24 am

decipha wrote:did you dial in inferred load?

After reading this thread, I see that they are synonymous. I'll get right on that (probably one of the first things I should tune next time)

http://www.efidynotuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2153
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:14 pm

I've tried all I can but it still swings into the 20s for the first second or so... I might go ahead and replace my throttle body gasket again (perhaps I have a vacuum leak there)
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Unread postby decipha » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:33 pm

reduce the manifold volume scalar

if it does it and wont stop you could have fake injectors. Ive seen knock off siemens injectors do that exact thing. When the PW changes significantly the injector is extremely slow to respond. Had the issue just recently with a stupid kid that put knock off ebay injectors in his car and dropped it off to get dyno tuned. It leaned popped everytime on throttle stabs and i had to turn up enrichment fuel to basically make the injector wide open everytime he stabbed it. Swapped out his $300 knock off siemens injectors with some authentic siemens and everytime he tapped the throttle it flooded and shut off. Had to pull back enrichment to what I originally and it was perfect.

just food for thought
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:53 am

decipha wrote:reduce the manifold volume scalar

if it does it and wont stop you could have fake injectors. Ive seen knock off siemens injectors do that exact thing. When the PW changes significantly the injector is extremely slow to respond. Had the issue just recently with a stupid kid that put knock off ebay injectors in his car and dropped it off to get dyno tuned. It leaned popped everytime on throttle stabs and i had to turn up enrichment fuel to basically make the injector wide open everytime he stabbed it. Swapped out his $300 knock off siemens injectors with some authentic siemens and everytime he tapped the throttle it flooded and shut off. Had to pull back enrichment to what I originally and it was perfect.

just food for thought

I hate to say it but I think you might be right. I adjusted equilibrium fuel to the point where I could flood the engine by tapping the throttle so either the heat coming out of the turbo is evaporating the fuel too quickly or they are indeed fake injectors.
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Unread postby decipha » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:49 pm

probably fakes, unfortunately no way to tell other than sending them to siemens to verify

I can tell by how jumpy the AFR is whether or not they are fakes too. The siemens injectors all flow within a couple percent of each other before they leave the plant. Thats why its perfectly fine to just replace single injectors with the siemens cuz they are always right. Where as the knocks offs seem to wander around quite a bit.

I must admit though the newer knock off siemens are actually working decent if you can dial them in properly. Id imagine theres prob hundreds of people cruising around with knock offs and dont even know it.
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda