No start after changing throttle body air flow

Vehicle specific forum for tuning the Foxbody Chassis Mustangs utilizing the LUX0, GUFA, GUFB, and GUF1 Strategy

No start after changing throttle body air flow

Unread postby 89FiveOh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 am

Hello All,
I just recently figured out my idle air the throttle body flows after doin some warm stable idle datalogs. I referenced an article called IDLE AIR 101. Anyways after the calculations I entered the airmass my TB flows at idle and updated the ISC xfer to match. Loaded tune, BAM, best smoothest idle yet. This was from a cold 30 degree F startup. Anyways, after I turned the car off annd tried to restart it, BAM, nothing. I wore my weak cold battery out trying to restart but to no avail.
Anyways, I put a charger on the battery and right away I noticed brighter interior lights and ect, ect. The moment I applied charge to the battery, the car fired right up immediately as it should. Perfect idle again.
My question, did the airmass corrections I made make a difference to a warm startup? I did log the battery voltage during my startup and it did however show a weak battery (less than 12 volts) at the point I tried to restart the car.
Would I need to tweak weak battery slopes at startup to fix this? Is it a warm/hot start issue? Or, charge the battery good and leave everything alone?
As I said before, the instant I had a strong battery voltage, it fired right up perfectly.

Thanks in advance
89FiveOh
General Poster

Name: Andy Borden
Vehicle Information: 1989 Mustang GT
GUFB A9L
Binary Editor/EEC Anaylyzer
Innovate MTX-L PLUS
MOATES QuarterHorse
Custom Cam (HR)
AFR 165, 58cc
BBK 75mm (24lb/hr calibration) MAF
5 speed
3.73 gears
NA
Full length BBK headers with H-pipe thru Flowmaster mufflers

Re: No start after changing throttle body air flow

Unread postby decipha » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:54 pm

too much going on to tell

first you need to get the mechanics in order, that being a stable battery voltage
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Re: No start after changing throttle body air flow

Unread postby 89FiveOh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:01 pm

Thanks for the help..
Dont think I have major problems as I sometimes go 2 weeks between cranking the car. We’ve had really low temps here and I figure a radio clock running non stop along with cold temperatures, its put a hurting on this battery. It barely had enuff to crank during the first datalog and I figure with lights radio and heat running in between datalogs that I just drained it down to a point where it just didnt turn it over enuff to hit a lick. Thanks for your help, again. Only reason I say that its not a bad mechanical problem is once I had a good 12+ volts with the help of the charger, it fired right up instantly and never had anymore weird symptoms.
Only way to tell I guess is to revert back to the previously entered scalars and change the ISC xfer back to the original
I guess ruling the tune changes out would be the first thing to check.

Cheers!.
89FiveOh
General Poster

Name: Andy Borden
Vehicle Information: 1989 Mustang GT
GUFB A9L
Binary Editor/EEC Anaylyzer
Innovate MTX-L PLUS
MOATES QuarterHorse
Custom Cam (HR)
AFR 165, 58cc
BBK 75mm (24lb/hr calibration) MAF