Trans truth table EEC-IV?

Disassembly, Programming, Coding, Assembly, Binary information and all hacking discussions belong here.

Trans truth table EEC-IV?

Unread postby ironmanisanemic » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:22 pm

So i had messaged sailorbob about whether or not the EEC-IV had the trans truth table or not. He said he didnt believe so. Im wondering did the old EEC-IV processors have a truth table or not, and if not how did shift solenoid scheduling happen without the table? Was it hard coded and not editable, or was it in the physical hardware?
ironmanisanemic
A+ Contributor

Name: Miles
Vehicle Information: 89 Ford Bronco - 393W, Professional Products 190cc heads, Custom Comp Cams hyd roller cam, Edelbrock EFI Mustang intake, 10:1 compression, 30lb TrickFlow injectors, ProM 80mm Mass Air Meter, 2-1/2" into 3" y pipe, no cat, and hooker aerochamber muffler. U4P0 computer with Quarterhorse and BE, EA. AOD with all of the goodies.

Re: Trans truth table EEC-IV?

Unread postby decipha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:39 pm

its impossible to be physically hardware driven that defeats the purpose in an electronic transmission

If i had to speculate i would guess when a shift is commanded the register for those solenoids are flipped with a simple and or
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby ironmanisanemic » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:50 pm

so how could someone edit how the ecu controls the transmission? say i wanted to use an E4OD trans with CBAZA? I know the shift schedule is different between the two. Im looking for a simpler solution for the ford truck guys that do maf swaps. They either have to swap to a specific truck ecu or run 2 ecus/separate trans controller. I know the CBAZA would be a popular swap if it were possible to control the E4OD trans.
ironmanisanemic
A+ Contributor

Vehicle Information: 89 Ford Bronco - 393W, Professional Products 190cc heads, Custom Comp Cams hyd roller cam, Edelbrock EFI Mustang intake, 10:1 compression, 30lb TrickFlow injectors, ProM 80mm Mass Air Meter, 2-1/2" into 3" y pipe, no cat, and hooker aerochamber muffler. U4P0 computer with Quarterhorse and BE, EA. AOD with all of the goodies.

Unread postby decipha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:12 pm

an e4od / 4r100 has an input shaft sensor and a 3rd solenoid for the coasting clutch solenoid which gets powered when od is locked out on decel

Cbaza has 0 free rom and ram so it would take quite an achievement to have it functioning correctly

why not just use one of the e4/r100 strats ?
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby ironmanisanemic » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Thats what most people do is run one of the processors from trucks that were setup to run the E4OD. I remember back when i was trying to find one for my bronco, it was hard to find them, or if you could they wanted a crap load for them. I picked up 3 CBAZA processors for less than $100 so thats why i went that route on my setup, that and i had an AOD so trans control was not a concern. Was just hoping there was an easier and cheaper way to do MAF swaps in the trucks than what has been the usual swaps.
ironmanisanemic
A+ Contributor

Unread postby decipha » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:08 pm

u dont have to have the ccs or tss

i dont recall the shift actuation off the top of my head

If you found the registers it should be pretty straight forward to reassign it
decipha
Tooner

91 4r70w - Skarlett