1995 mustang cranking no start

Non-vehicle specific forum for tuning all ford ecu's 1994-2004, including the 1994-1995 Mustang, 93-98 Mark VIII, 99+ F-150, 99-04 Mustang, 03-04 Cobra, 99-03 Harley Davidson and Lightning F-150

FBFG2, CBAZA, CZAJL, and all EEC-V

1995 mustang cranking no start

Unread postby korn_kid_12 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:43 pm

My 95 gt will not start. Cranks and cranks, but no bubbling even. It all started a while ago when it would get warm then no be able to restart. Then on new years eve after selling my Fox body I developed a new interest in it. Was able to get all parameters to data log and was quite excited. I went inside built a fresh tune came out to the car the next morning and it would not start. Messed with it all day and eventually after a long time it started bubbling then started ran a while then died and now back to nothing. I replaced the tfi module tonight with a fresh one from LMR which is a genuine ford unit. Still same symptoms cranking no start. Where should I go next?? I borrowed a loan a tool noid light and hooked it up to a couple injectors as well as a spark noid light tested all 9 wires at the distributor. I have spark and injector pulse. Should I try an auto parts cheap Chinese version of the tfi module?
korn_kid_12
General Poster

Name: Jae
Vehicle Information: 1995 GT Saleen Clone, Cobra Intake, Granatelli MAF, Stock short block, Ported e7's, MAC long tubes, MAC O/R H pipe, MAC cat back, Blaster coil, accel cap and rotor, FMS 9mm wires, Quarterhorse with tuner pro rt, Vortech V3-SI, and other goodies.

Re: 1995 mustang cranking no start

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:57 pm

Your vehicle info doesn't suggest an injector change, but have you? Cranking PW can affect that.

WIth a MAF change, it's also possible you're on either end of the fueling spectrum, stopping you from starting. Have a WB handy, and what are the fuel trims showing?
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Name: Anthony Cox
Vehicle Information: 1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.
Vehicle 2 Information: Stock 1990 Ranger. ICM relocation

Unread postby decipha » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:59 am

thats usually the likely suspect either the tfi or the pickup

no point in using a noid light when you can view the rpms with the QH, if the ecu is reading the pickup then most likely you have a bad coil
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby korn_kid_12 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:06 am

42lb injectors
Maf calibrated for 24lb
Tune is making up the difference.

Can I data log it trying to start? Because currently all it does does is crank.
Also is there any documentation on setting up the newest t4m2 base tune for data logging?

In the data logging write up it talks about selecting my lc1 wb from the list, but I don't see that option or anything other then a generic wb. Also the parameters to check for error and to apply a patch are not the same.

I put on a new msd blaster coil last fall to replace the older same coil which I ended up putting the older one on the Fox body I just sold. Was having the no hot restarts with that coil also.

I am going to try a fuel filter. Plus add a few gallons of gas to the tank.
korn_kid_12
General Poster

Vehicle Information: 1995 GT Saleen Clone, Cobra Intake, Granatelli MAF, Stock short block, Ported e7's, MAC long tubes, MAC O/R H pipe, MAC cat back, Blaster coil, accel cap and rotor, FMS 9mm wires, Quarterhorse with tuner pro rt, Vortech V3-SI, and other goodies.

Unread postby decipha » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:35 am

yes you should always start logging before cranking

datalogging on cbaza is no different than its been for the past 16 years, load in the cbaza adx and start logging, i never finished the universal adx for cbaza yet still need to erase some code
decipha
Tooner

Name: Michael Ponthieux
Vehicle Information: Supercoupin' x10
90 (4x 5spds) - Dante, Ruby, Daja, Ava
91 4r70w - Skarlett
92 (2x) 5spd & auto - Bianqa, Andrea
93 auto - Danika
94 5spd Rionda
95 auto Aisha
Vehicle 2 Information: Others:
00 Lincoln LS - Luanda
98 Camaro SS - Bounquisha
02 Harley F-150 - Sasasha
03 Marauder - DyShyKy
00 Explorer 5L - Bernyce

Unread postby korn_kid_12 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 am

Here is the ADX file you gave me a while back when I was not able to capture all values namely most importantly ECT and RPM. It seems to work as it should. I adjusted my WBo2 in it because I have my Lc1 set to put out a range from 1-5 volts.
Here is DataLog of a no start. I am really hoping the gas gauge is wrong and I do not have 3/8th of a tank and it is really empty. It has probably been a year maybe more since I put gas in it. Granted I have driven well less then 100 miles in that time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
korn_kid_12
General Poster

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:19 am

korn_kid_12 wrote:Here is the ADX file you gave me a while back when I was not able to capture all values namely most importantly ECT and RPM. It seems to work as it should. I adjusted my WBo2 in it because I have my Lc1 set to put out a range from 1-5 volts.
Here is DataLog of a no start. I am really hoping the gas gauge is wrong and I do not have 3/8th of a tank and it is really empty. It has probably been a year maybe more since I put gas in it. Granted I have driven well less then 100 miles in that time.

Did you try draining the tank and using fresh gas? If that's a year old, and is e10 (regular pump gas), there's most certainly water in it.
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Vehicle Information: 1990 Ford Ranger FLH2 conversion. Ford forged/dished pistons, Total Seal file-fit rings, Clevite rod and main bearings, Clevite cam bearings, IHI turbo, Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors, Ford slot MAF in custom 3" housing. Moates Quarterhorse with Binary Editor, using the PAAD6 database.

Unread postby korn_kid_12 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:14 pm

I intend to do so when I install the new filter and also confirm in tank and external pumps are working. I am seeing fuel pressure while cranking. Could be air pressure? I don't know we will see I will report back.
korn_kid_12
General Poster

Unread postby korn_kid_12 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Well..... I check both pumps and they both are pumping nicely. I added about 5 gallons of fresh fuel to the tank and new filter. Still nothing. rolled through about 5-6 tunes and finally found one it liked and it fired up. I killed it several times and restarted it. IDK where to go next I am sure some of the tunes that it would not start on were working tunes at one point. I intended to start from scrap with the newest iteration of the t4m2 bin. Attached is the latest bin that I adjusted so I expected the car to start. The next one is the one that it started with.

I am going to start comparing portions I know I changed and see if I can determine what the difference is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
korn_kid_12
General Poster

Unread postby korn_kid_12 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:28 am

Still won't restart when it's warmed up.
What does the "cranking pw" value mean? Would I increase the values or decrease the values to get it to restart when warm. I think it's getting flooded. After using flood clear mode will allow it to pop and try to start.
korn_kid_12
General Poster

Unread postby motorhead1991 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 pm

korn_kid_12 wrote:Still won't restart when it's warmed up.
What does the "cranking pw" value mean? Would I increase the values or decrease the values to get it to restart when warm. I think it's getting flooded. After using flood clear mode will allow it to pop and try to start.

If it tries to start in flood clear mode, you're dumping too much fuel into it. That would mean reduce the value in the upper temperature ranges.

Cranking PW is the pulse sent to the injector while in cranking mode, measured in milliseconds. Too long and it adds too much fuel, too little, and it simply won't fire.
motorhead1991
Power Poster

Return to EEC-V & SN95 Tuning