3 races in NMRA Factory Stock with my j/y Explorer Engine

Forum for racing results, dyno pulls, track vids, etc... include time slip and/or link(s) to video(s) if you have them

3 races in NMRA Factory Stock with my j/y Explorer Engine

Unread postby TooSlo86 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:56 am

Here ya' go, we'll give this "race results" a jumpstart :lol:

1st I'll cover NMRA NORWALK 1st outing Scroll down for latest from NMRA NMCA Super Bowl in Joliet.

I finally did it! I made it out to Norwalk and ran Factory Stock. I had plans to wait until I had my dedicated 308 completed for this but I just couldn't make it happen in time and instead of waiting yet another year I just ran the stock Explorer LB you see in my sig.

The guys in FS and CS are all outstanding guys who make you feel very welcome, and will help out in any way needed. I just can't say enough about the racer's positive attitudes out there!

Anyway, I know you don't want to read a bunch so I'll just say I had a rough time getting the car to come out of the hole which is abnormal for me at the local tracks. I know it wasn't in the track as I literally would sit there and watch the guy before me stand it up on the rear, or hook so hard the rear blew out :eek: My best time of the weekend came in the un-official TNT session when I had a decent 60ft and went 12.02. I bested a 12.118 during qualifying placing me just .015 behind the 9th qualifier and ended on a 1st round elimination of 12.14 vs veteran FS racer Louis Sylvester Jr who qualified 5th. My mph was also down considerably but I'll attribute that to the 1st firing of the car on the spec VP C10 coming on the day prior to leaving, so I had absolutely no time to get it dialed in on the stuff.

Ok, I'll shut up, here's the vids.....

1st round eliminations..NMRA Factory Stock 5215 Chris Lee Norwalk, OH Ford Nationals 2013 Summit Motorsports Park 1st Round - YouTube

2nd round of qualifying..NMRA Factory Stock 5215 Chris Lee Norwalk, OH Ford Nationals 2013 Summit Motorsports Park Qualifying - YouTube

3rd round qualifying..NMRA Factory Stock 5215 Chris Lee Norwalk, OH Ford Nationals 2013 Summit Motorsports Park Qualifying - YouTube

1st round qualifying..NMRA Factory Stock 5215 Chris Lee Norwalk, OH Ford Nationals 2013 Summit Motorsports Park Qualifying - YouTube

Now onto NMRA NMCA Super Bowl Joliet, IL My 2nd outing.

Well as if I didn't take enough of a beating in Norwalk I had to show up to Joliet, IL for the NMRA NMCA Super Bowl this past weekend with the same j/y engine. It went a bit better than Norwalk as I was able to go 12.006 in 1st round of eliminations, then a 12.05 in the 2nd and finally my 1st time in the 11's in Factory Stock trim came in the final round of qualifying with an 11.96 which qualified me 10th out of 11. For 1st round eliminations I slowed to a 12.13 going against #5 qualifier Jay Dold who got to the stripe .333 sooner than myself. I had a blast again, and didn't qualify last this time :D I am hoping to make the trip to BG in October! Without further adieu, here's some clips...

NMRA Factory Stock Chris Lee #5215 Qualifying NMRA NMCA Super Bowl Route 66 Raceway GT40P - YouTube

NMRA Factory Stock Chris Lee #5215 Qualifying NMRA NMCA Super Bowl Route 66 Raceway GT40P - YouTube

NMRA Factory Stock Chris Lee #5215 Test N Tune pass NMRA NMCA Super Bowl Route 66 Raceway GT40P - YouTube

NMRA Factory Stock Chris Lee #5215 NMRA NMCA Super Bowl 2013 1st round eliminations Route 66 Raceway - YouTube

Norwalk final qualifying on top, Joliet on bottom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TooSlo86
Drag Racer / Pro Driver

Name: Chris
Vehicle Information: Stock explorer LB

Re: 2 races in NMRA Factory Stock with my j/y Explorer Engin

Unread postby nxttime » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Hay Chris...if you make it to BG hit me up...we go every year and I'll be looking for you...we will be bringing my buddy's Legend Lime 05 GT with Roush charger on it....running True Street!!

See ya there

Brad
nxttime
Premium Member

Name: Brad
Vehicle Information: 1979 Ford Fairmont
T4M0/CBAZA, BE, QH, LC-1, 331
Comp Turbo Grind 536/513 w 1.6rr , 224/218, 112* Int. CL
TFS w/ stage 2 port
60# Seimens/Deka, HPX Slot style
Built AOD, Lentech MVB/TB, 3400 EDGE
Turbonetics TC76 .96 A/R 14# spring Tial WG
3.5" DP into dual 3" Dynomax with dumps
11.57 @ 121 with sorry 1.98 60' time on ~10lbs boost so far

Unread postby slopoke » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Nice! Low 12's on a stock j/y Exploder motor is gettin it done. What have you done to the chassis? Please post specs
slopoke
Local Member

Name: Mike H.
Vehicle Information: 88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, paxton@5#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x. 13.4 @ 104mph. cbaza, moates, tuned by decipha

Unread postby TooSlo86 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 am

Hey, sorry guys! I haven't been back here in a while...obviously, lol. I'll try to make it back here more often. Shouldn't be an issue as eectuning is still down.

Brad, not sure if we met or not while down there. I hadn't seen this prior to going to be on the look-out.

Mike, I just went 11.83@113 in FS trim, but not in competition a few weeks ago :-) I can't find the link here at work for it but I'll throw my crappy launch vid up instead :lol: ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5PIE7XbLuE

The suspension is nothing to write home about, up front it's stock control arms and Koni single adjustable struts, out back Koni single adjustable shocks and TeamZ relocated uppers with some DA lowers. I also run an airbag in the p-side rear spring. You can see some of the suspension stuff here; http://www.tooslo86.com/teamz-relocated-uppers.html

Here's some BG passes, they were limited due to the crummy weather!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDbYczNrVxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HAusZ2h5Iw
http://www.tooslo86.com/
"MORE WITH LESS"
11 SECOND ALL MOTOR, FACTORY FORD BUILT, STOCK EXPLORER LONG BLOCK WITH A SCOTT BROWN SPEC'D COMPETITION COMPONENTS CUSTOM CAM. http://www.buyracingparts.com/
Overall best of 11.68@113.65 and an NMRA Factory Stock best of 11.96@110.
TooSlo86
Drag Racer / Pro Driver

Name: Chris
Vehicle Information: Stock explorer LB

Return to Racing & Dyno Results