New Tune and recommendations on supporting mods

Anything not covered in the other forums.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Re: New Tune and recommendations on supporting mods

Unread post by m-barans »

Wow! Thanks for the information!
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Unread post by m-barans »

Decipha, what do you recommend for a replacement PPRV? How/where can I get one?

A few questions:

How does a properly functioning PPRV function? My current understanding is that it is a valve that dumps pressure when it gets too high. Like a pressure relief valve in a hydraulic circuit would. A spring loaded bypass if you will.

Does a pprv function better than an external regulator near the tank and why?

Not trying to complicate anything just trying to be solution oriented and also gain some knowledge and understanding as well.

I’m on board with redoing a replacement pprv if I can source one and I would like to know more about how it benefits the tune.

Am I losing something by reducing pump prime time?

Please share

Apologies if my questioning is unclear
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

pprv is a regulator, functions 100% identical

nope, pump prime time is good stuff thats why i created it

if you have a regulator then you have a pprv either will do the same job no prob