New GT40 upper, running REALLY fat...

Decipha's custom GUFX strategy covers all 89-93 foxbody ecu's including the 88 mass-air california ecus.
AngryGoat
Vehicle Information: 1993 Vibrant White GT 'vert, Powerdyne BD-11a, A9L/QH/MTX-L (Stand alone currently) TMOSS intake, 60lb'ers, PMAS, BBK 70mm, ORH, Flowmaster 40 CB, lots of human blood.
wbo2_LC1

New GT40 upper, running REALLY fat...

Unread post by AngryGoat »

Howdy all! I'm VERY VERY VERY green at the ECU side of things, but recently my 1993 Mustang GT has undergone a manifold swap. I have an old tune in my Quarterhorse from 2010 that I modified for the new components, and so far, I'm impressed! It starts! Can't idle for crap though.

What I did:

Stock 1993 Mustang GT with a Powerdyne BD-11A. Removed entire intake, replaced with GT40 intake from TMOSS, installed 60lb matched injectors (removed FMU), a blow through PMAS, and 70mm BBK TB/EGR. Car starts and runs FAT. I can smell the fuel. Considering this thing was bone stock, and I followed TunerPro RT's prompts for changing the fuel injector sizes and MAF, etc, maybe I missed something for the TB? Ideas? I'm paying for the custom tune soon, just want to introduce myself and see if I can get at least idle down before I bother with someone's time on something like this.

I uploaded the BIN, I used the GUFB files from Moates.

Thanks!

AngryGoat
Attachments
60lbPMASTunebyMe.bin
(56 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
AngryGoat
Vehicle Information: 1993 Vibrant White GT 'vert, Powerdyne BD-11a, A9L/QH/MTX-L (Stand alone currently) TMOSS intake, 60lb'ers, PMAS, BBK 70mm, ORH, Flowmaster 40 CB, lots of human blood.
wbo2_LC1

Re: New GT40 upper, running REALLY fat...

As an FYI, this is the tune I started with. I have no doubt I buggered it. ;) She's hitting 10:1 on the wideband! :)
Attachments
Taylor Blackwell Base Tuning Powerdyne.bin
(56 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

why arent u using the a9l2 and the gufx def ?
AngryGoat
wbo2_LC1

At the time, I didn't know better. Live and Learn! Since then I loaded up your files, and am horsing around again. I also enjoyed the patches you put in, the injector one in particular. Thing is, she still goes super rich.

The damn thing won't idle, is pouring fuel, and I imagine at this point I need to change the oil. :) Good news is I have my wideband connected to the laptop as well now, and will be going for another calibration later before you get involved on this one. Check your email good sir, I'm more than ready for even a running tune, and the online sessions will surely be fun (for me).

Thanks for the forum, and the good chance to get started with the documentation you have.