Ltft

Covers all sn94/95 mustang v8 ecu's.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Ltft

Unread post by decipha »

Why would you target an error? The objective is a 0 error. If it removes fuel then you take that fuel out. If fuel trims are within' 3% positive then no need in adjusting it.

Maybe you misunderstood it.
dleach1407
Vehicle Information: 95 Mustang GT, CBAZA Quarterhorse
331, 190 11R heads, Edelbrock Victor 50 manifold, F303, T5, 76mm Turbo, 91 octane, Returnless dual pump 03 cobra tank, Behind bars rails, 80# siemens injectors
wbo2_030MtxL

57 F100, RZASA, 04 Crown Vic ecu and harness, 302, GT40 heads, 4r70w, 80# deka5 shorties, Holley carb style throttle body, Speedmaster high rise intake manifold

Unread post by dleach1407 »

I must have misunderstood something but I swear you said 1.03 was the target and it had something to do with if there was an error with the maf or something like that. I dont remember honestly. Is there a way I can disable adaptive fuel learning at idle? My HEGO cools down while idling and it skews the fuel trims at idle so the trims are not accurate. I have watched it happen while sitting idling for a few minutes and I would like to disable learning only below 1k RPM at low load values. If not, what is the maximum value I can place in the adaptive learning cells to minimize adaptive changes? I guess I should also ask, instead of disabling them should I point them at a different cell using a negative value like -33
PaulC-turbo5.0
Vehicle Information: 1989 fox GT convertible
5.0 stock block, E7 heads, stock cam
Explorer GT40 intake flipped to driver side inlet
Single 67mm On3 BB turbo
Flipped JBA headers, custom SS 2.5" hotside built by me
custom 3" coldside thru On3 intercooler
tuning with Moates QH + TPRT
Dechipa's GUFX and supporting files, couldnt have tuned it myself without him!

Unread post by PaulC-turbo5.0 »

That is how I understood it as well. I remember it as you never want the ecu to remove fuel only add it so shooting for the small positive correction will give you that. I know my fuel error isn’t consistent enough to go for 0 and not deal with negative corrections. My car seems to continue adding more fuel the longer it runs. My correction starts right around 1 once it’s up to temp, then as it gets warmer with a few coolant cycles it’ll get right to around 1.03, but then as it runs longer say like an hour it’ll creep up to 1.06. On a hot restart it’ll usually be around 1.10 but then will usually come back down after running for 10-15 mins. With no other tuning experience I have considered this my normal.
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

if the hego cools down and starts dumping fuel then adaptive on or off isnt going to change that

you need to disable closed loop after being at idle too long of thats whats happening. Set the NIOLD scalar to do just that.

127 is the max value for the adaptive update rate table fn1325

yeah any negative corrections I remove. Anything within 3% is normal and ideal. If its adding more than that but consistent based on temps and after warm startup then you need to adjust the ADAPTM scalar to have her wait longer before adapting and / or reduce the maximum ACT or ECT for adaptives to update so it stays consistent.
dleach1407
Vehicle Information: 95 Mustang GT, CBAZA Quarterhorse
331, 190 11R heads, Edelbrock Victor 50 manifold, F303, T5, 76mm Turbo, 91 octane, Returnless dual pump 03 cobra tank, Behind bars rails, 80# siemens injectors
wbo2_030MtxL

57 F100, RZASA, 04 Crown Vic ecu and harness, 302, GT40 heads, 4r70w, 80# deka5 shorties, Holley carb style throttle body, Speedmaster high rise intake manifold

Unread post by dleach1407 »

decipha wrote: 2021 May 01, 13:44 if the hego cools down and starts dumping fuel then adaptive on or off isnt going to change that

you need to disable closed loop after being at idle too long of thats whats happening. Set the NIOLD scalar to do just that.

127 is the max value

yeah any negative corrections I remove. Anything within 3% is normal and ideal. If its adding more than that but consistent based on temps and after warm startup then you need to adjust the ADAPTM scalar to have her wait longer before adapting and / or reduce the maximum ACT or ECT for adaptives to update so it stays consistent.
Good info.. Thanks