15 2.3l Ecoboost Mustang base tune?

For all other non specifically listed ECU tuning. This would include can-bus ecu's such as powerpc copperhead tricore and siemens ecus. As well as GM, Dodge or any aftermarket controller tuning etc...
ironmanisanemic
Vehicle Information: 1989 Ford Bronco
U4P0 Processor
393w Stroker, 4R70W

15 2.3l Ecoboost Mustang base tune?

Unread post by ironmanisanemic »

Not sure if you mess with the ecoboosts much, but i have a coworker that wants his car tuned. He has gotten a few remote tunes, but isnt happy with any of them. With how complicated the newer stuff appears to be im not exactly sure where to start and what needs to be tweaked to get what he wants. Im hoping you might have a base tune i can start with, and maybe a crash course on what controls what? Ill attach both of his remote tunes he got.

The first file was a supposed performance tune. boost was upped to 22psi, but fueling was all over the place. it would randomly drop into the 9:1 afrs, trims would be fighting themselves, lots of black smoke, etc... overall he hated this tune.

The second was an economy tune, no performance increase that he could feel as thats not what it was supposed to do. But, his fueling is damn near spot on from what we can see. No more rich spikes and no more fuel trim battle royale. This tune runs better than the OEM tune did.

One thing im afraid of is the possibility of having to redo part of the SD model. The car was a salvage car, and he had to replace all of the charge piping and the downpipe. He went with aftermarket parts because at the time, they were cheaper and easier to get than oem parts. Im worried this may be causing some differences in the airflow model and is part of why his fueling is off even with the OE calibration.

The strategy is SGMN0S9

Thank you!
Attachments
Michael 2_3l EB ECO tune read back.mtf
SCT file for the second tune
(895.54 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
Michael 2_3l EB SCT tune read back.mtf
SCT file for the first tune
(894.56 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
sct read michael 15 ecoboost.bin
First tune with many drivability problems
(4 MiB) Downloaded 170 times
mmc-Econo tune-20220629-174122.bin
Second tune with virtually no drivability issues
(4 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: 15 2.3l Ecoboost Mustang base tune?

Unread post by decipha »

none of that matter the fueling was jacked on the first tune cuz they changed the base fuel pressure and commanded stupid pressures

attached. should be all he wants in life. If he wants more he needs to buy a coyote. Half an engine only gives you half performance.
Attachments
ironmanisanemic_base.mtf
(894.96 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
ironmanisanemic
Vehicle Information: 1989 Ford Bronco
U4P0 Processor
393w Stroker, 4R70W

Unread post by ironmanisanemic »

Thank you for this. I've been doing as much reading as I could on the Ecoboom calibrations, but i'm a few generations behind. This made figuring out what controlled what a bit difficult.

One of these days i'd really like to find someone that can sit down and show me what all controls what. Between electronic throttle control, variable cam timing, torque limits, inferred map, mapped points, etc... im a bit out of my element.

Do you know of any resources that could help me understand the newer strategies better?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

etc is simple you log the throttle angle error and adjust either the eta or the ff table to get the error out

vct is simple, you command what angle you want for optimum power and see if it makes any difference, on a stock vehicle its usually pretty useless

torque limits you just have to move them out the way as you hit them

inferred map is non existent since you have an actual map sensor being speed density

mapped points are easy you simple log the percentage of each one to know how much of each your using

no i do not. The newer the ecu the easier it is to tune. On the hptuners forum there is a speed density calculator that populates the error for you if you want to check it out.