Programing EECV through ELM-327 protocol

Any TunerPro specific issues belong here.
Bradone
Vehicle Information: Current Project (with nephew)
1995 Ford Ranger Splash
5.0 - 1997 Explorer Swap
EECV = SSL4
AODE
Explorer 8.8@4.10
285x40x18 rear tires
Lowered 3" front 5" rear (currently air shocks, yeah I know)
Dual 3" passenger side exit

Programing EECV through ELM-327 protocol

Unread post by Bradone »

Hi Decipha!
Hope all is well. Just downloaded TunerPro RT after reading through your tuner programing prep pages. Don't know if you remember but I always used Binary Editor but I am out of date. Since this is my nephew Rich's project he is the one that will be setting up for your tuning assistance. Rich is the one that brought my '93 TBird out of mothballs. Figured since he would be working with you he should learn what you use.
Anyways, in looking at TunerPro I saw it supports the ELM-327 protocol. Since the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner supports the protocol I wondered if you could use that to upload tunes to the EECV instead of cable. That would be handy as hell especially if you wanted to upload without sitting in the car. Brings up another question, can TunerPro upload other tunes to the EECV while it is running like the QuarterHorse. I still have the QuarterHorse but it is mounted in the TBird which is being driven. Guess I should learn how to burn J3 chips huh?
GREAT connecting back up with you! We sure had some fun conversations back in the day.
So great to see you took those great skills and ran with them! You still involved with the fuel testing? Getting off topic, sorry. Thanks for your help!

Brad Eckert
Bradone
Vehicle Information: Current Project (with nephew)
1995 Ford Ranger Splash
5.0 - 1997 Explorer Swap
EECV = SSL4
AODE
Explorer 8.8@4.10
285x40x18 rear tires
Lowered 3" front 5" rear (currently air shocks, yeah I know)
Dual 3" passenger side exit

Re: Programing EECV through ELM-327 protocol

Unread post by Bradone »

p.s. quote
"At the time of writing this PCMflash only supports reading but not writing of 2 bank USA 96-97 EEC-V.
Testing of the 94-95 early 88kb eec-v has not been done at the time."
I have a '97.5++Explorer 5.0, EECV (SSL4). Will this now write to it?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Programing EECV through ELM-327 protocol

Unread post by decipha »

Yeah I was forced to stop using BE around 2014 iirc. It was a hard transition to tunerpro for me at that time since tunerpro had no support for

No you cannot.

Tunerpro is the software that interfaces the quarterhorse. Yes, realtime tuning is its major benefit.

All you need is a jaybird and f3 chip. Simply write the tune to the chip. Can be done in tunerpro.

No I sorta kinda stepped up with a few promotions since those days.

Yeah happy to see you here.

- No pcmflash wont write it. You need a 19v pull up interface to write eec-v so will probably need a better cable.

btw i took your email off your post as you dont want bots to spam you