Catalyst Temp Protection

Used only on the 03/04 Marauder but can be used on any 03/04 ecu with code changes. Uses newer style SCP array so will not control cluster correctly on 2004 and older fords that use the older style SCP array such as mustangs.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

Catalyst Temp Protection

Unread post by m-barans »

How is catalyst protection invoked? I noticed when I’m in boost at times the ECU/PCM was demanding .7 Lambse when logging data. This was odd considering my base fuel table (FN1362LX) does not contain a value of .7 Lambse. So I did a little digging and found the catalyst protection Lambse values in the tune and they are .7 Lambse. My wide band readings are very close to Lambse so I’m operating under the assumption that my fueling is appropriate. Is this a red flag? Perhaps the catalyst temperature calculation needs correction now that the car has a supercharger and making more power? Any insights and/or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Re: Catalyst Temp Protection

Unread post by decipha »

nope thats how it functions stock. My marauder goes in to cat protect everytime I get on the interstate at least once. If I didnt have a way to log or a wideband you would never know it as most people are completely unaware.

You can raise the commanded lambda if you want or disable it if you dont have cats otherwise leave it be as it helps the cats survive your driving habits.
m-barans
Vehicle Information: 2003 Mercury Marauder 300A with new stock bore IRON 4.6 block, Manley crank, Manley H-tuff h-beam rods, CP pistons with stainless rings, ARP head studs, GT500 lash adjusters and rollers, D series cylinder heads, VMP GEN3R 2.65 L TVS blower, 80 lb/hr FRPP Siemens Deka injectors, HPX slot 100mm MAF, coyote mustang fuel pump with Holley 60 psi filter/regulator return at pump, Stainless works long tube headers and complete exhaust, Moates quarter horse and TunerPro RT with support from Decipha, RZASA strategy.

2001 Ford Lightning SVT F-150 stock engine w/ inlet ported M112, GT500 rollers, ARP head studs, metco quick change upper pulley with stock sized upper, K&N intake system, bassani SS exhaust system from the stock manifold flanges back. 4x4 trans oil pan. SSBC big brakes 14” up front. Work/Street truck. My “next to build” with trick flow heads (before extinction) with h-beams & cobra jet crank (sitting in tool box) and proper pistons. Next up after the marauder is dialed in.

I raised the values to lambda of 1 for tuning purposes but now that a have inefficient aftermarket high flow tiny cats I might just revert those values. Do you agree?
decipha
Vehicle Information: Work Truck
'19 F-150 3.3L

Unread post by decipha »

yep
m-barans

Thanks