Tuning Do's, Don't's, & Common Mistakes
by Michael Decipha Ponthieux
Don't's - should NEVER be done
Remember: Do not try to dial in fuel on a cold engine, you can only dial in enrichment on a cold engine
- Never plug or unplug anything from the ECU's J3 port while the ignition is on!! (this will fry the ecu and/or device)
- never connect the j3 port upside down, this ill fry stuff too
- Do not change the X-axis' maximum and minimum scaling inputs on ANY function, it will corrupt the ecu!!!
- EEC-IV's have a maximum MAF voltage of 16.00 volts, do not set it to 5.00 volts, likewise
- The maf's minimum input voltage is 0 volts, never set it to anything other than 0.00 volts this will cause corruption
- On eec-v never change the 128 psi and 0 psi values in the fuel injector deltap multiplier functions.
FUEL CAN ONLY BE DIALED IN ON A WARM ENGINE. See the fuel write up.
Do's - Should ALWAYS be done
- Do always read your plugs. Even if you've never read plugs before pull them out and inspect them. The spark plugs
will let you know how happy or unhappy your engine is; anything too unhappy will be fairly obvious.
- Do give your engine what it wants and not what looks good on paper. If you have a big block that doesn't like
to run any leaner than .95 lambda, then let her run at .95 lambda! Forget what looks good on paper or how an engine
is 'supposed' to respond and TUNE your engine. Not all engines are the same and some are thirsty.
Jump to Forum
www.EFIDynoTuning.com - EFIDynoTuning LC - New Orleans, LA